BookWater Tech Pvt Ltd, which is the world’s first IoT powered water quality delivery platform announcedonboarding of space scientist Shri Nambi Narayanan as its advisor and brand ambassador.
This underscores BookWater’s aim to be at the forefront of water-tech and will help achieve it’s goal of providing access to safe potable and drinking water for all.
Shri S Nambi Narayanan says “With Bookwater, drinking clean water is no longer rocket science. Bookwater with it’sconnected can technology is solving fundamental problems concerning drinking water. Am happy to be associated with a brand with such noble intent and purpose.”
With the detoriating condition of ground water and limitedaccess to clean water. India is
increasingly relying on bottled water. As per the latestavailable National Statistical Office’s report, an estimated12.2% of urban Indian households rely on bottled water fortheir drinking water needs – up significantly from 2.7% in2009. Most of this water is sourced through 20L plastic watercans.
But is the water we consume from these 20L CANs safe?
There are many aspects to water cans; the material, the usage, the standards, age, storage conditions among others.Many of the cans in which drinking water is stored are noteven food grade!
Even leading brands are often counterfeited, and duplicates areprevalent in the market. Even if the cans were of a good quality, they cans are reused so many times that they are “no longer safe” to touch drinking water – the elixir of life.
When water cans are used repeatedly, microcracks form inside the CANs due to stress and UV ray damage. Microorganismssuch as algae and fungi embed into these cracks and cannot beflushed out completely even with disinfectants. This is the reason why certain CANs acquire a greenish tinge andeffectively put the health of consumers at significant risk.Further, the degrading CANs leech significantly more microplastics into the drinking water since their structural integrity has been compromised. Consuming thesemicroplastics poses several chronic and long-term healtheffects ranging from potentially life-threatening diseases suchas cancer to neurological diseases
There are multiple reports from both governmental as well asNongovernmental organizations that describe the issue ofcontaminated water in 20 L containers.
“BookWater is the world’s IoT-powered Quality basedwater delivery platform”. BookWater offers the most convenient way to get high quality & safe 20L drinking water CANs delivered at your doorstep. With Real time IoT sensorsinstalled in bottling plants,
• Bookwater’s patent pending technology allows you toscan the QR on your water can and discover the “quality of water packed in your can” through sensors installed at the manufacturing locations. The processalso ensures that BookWater’s cans are always genuineand almost impossible to counterfeit.
• For the first time in the world, BookWater’s “ConnectedCans” also allows you to discover
the “number of times your can has been used” and when itwill be upcycled just by scanning the QR.
• By scanning the QR using the bookwater app on a“Connected Can”, you can also see the Packaged date,TDS levels, NABL certified Laboratory water reportand expiry date of the water can.
• Each “Connected Can” is tracked throughout its lifetimeincluding filling & distribution to ensure genuinenessand total peace of mind.
• All “Connected Cans” are responsibly upcycled after 30uses into T-Shirts and do not end up in landfills andwater bodies, thereby enabling a “Circular Economy.”
BookWater in its vision to be an environmentally responsible platform, is against single use plastics. Every can of ours getsa new lease of life and is upcycled into fiber once its 30 cycle life is complete.
BookWater’s patent pending solution for tracking of qualityand the delivery of water Cans is already available in select areas in Chennai and Is available for booking and delivery through the bookwater app on the “Google play store”. The service is also available as a web application accessiblethrough the website www.bookwater.com.